Back in Sydney, Travel + Life Abroad

37 Days

As much as I am trying, really trying, not to get too far ahead of myself, not to let increments of time pass by unnoticed, unobserved, there is a countdown happening in my head. And on Google, because I have to ask it the same questions every few days; how many days until December 1st? 37, as of today. In case you were wondering. It used to be 127. The 90 that have passed thus far have been full and difficult and proven (as if it needed to be) long distance relationships are fairly shit but have achieved what they needed to – replenishment, reconnection.

So 37 to go. 37 days before a plane touches down bearing an excited German with a suitcase full of (if my instructions are followed) chocolate and Nivea cream. 37 days until all of this happens. (I may or may not have selected some key tourism photos simply because for so many of these places, I have no photos, because I have never been! I’ve lived in Europe, but I have never seen the Great Barrier Reef. Not good.)

The Great Barrier Reef

Daintree Forest and Cape Tribulation

The Hunter Valley

Melbourne

The Central Coast

Sydney Harbour on NYE

So, who’s coming with us?

Image credits: Reef, Cape, Hunter

1. TheRebeccaProject

25 October, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I’m with you: long distance relationships are shithouse. But I hope the German enjoys his time out in Australia, and gets to see you in your natural environment.

May the 37 days go fast, and the reunification is all you’d imagined and more.

29 October, 2012 at 11:31 am

Shithouse enough to send me back to Germany in the worst month of the year haha. Oh the things we do.

2. this is lemonade

25 October, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Long haul flights *shudder*. I was dreaming about going to New Zealand yesterday evening…then realised how it’s managed to remain relatively pristine as an environment goes…it’s so many miles away from everyone!

Try to relax and breathe when he finally gets to you 😉

29 October, 2012 at 11:32 am

Hahahaha, for us Southern Hemispherers, long haul flights are a piece of cake. 8 hours? Pfffft. Give us 20!

3. dianasschwenk

25 October, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Hang in there – I’m excited for your reunion!

29 October, 2012 at 11:32 am

Hanging! Plenty of distractions to help me!

4. Shannon.Kennedy

26 October, 2012 at 3:16 am

Oh how I wish I was going with you. Great photos and 37 days will be over before you know it. I used to count down like that too!

29 October, 2012 at 11:34 am

The best part is finding emails or texts that had ’88 days to go!’ etc, etc and thinking, ha! We have practically done it!

1. Shannon.Kennedy

30 October, 2012 at 2:20 am

You have practically done it! You’re more than halfway there. The next few days will fly by!

5. cassmob

28 October, 2012 at 8:07 am

You will have a great time exploring places both new and familiar. It will be great to be together again, but also an adjustment after those 127 days of being independent 😉 Will be interesting to hear what SG makes of weird Aussie behaviours.

29 October, 2012 at 11:36 am

Will be documenting all reactions to our speech, sights, habits, traditions etc!